Pages

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Mystic Gunfighter gets rollin'





So, got some paint rolling on this over the past couple of days. Pretty happy so far, I'm digging the way the background is coming along, and it was definitely fun to paint. I haven't tried tackling a spacey kind of background in a good 5 years, and some of the pointers that Donato Giancola tossed out in his DVD on the topic definitely proved invaluable. And this turned out to be a ton of fun. The color may have gotten away from me a little bit, perhaps a tad more full spectrum than I was initially gunning for, but I've always been blown away by the photos from "way out where the lights don't shine" where you can see the whole Milky Way just blazing across the sky. So hopefully I got a little of that here. Plan to knock out the rest of the background over the next couple of days (fingers crossed).

No comments:

Post a Comment