Pages

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Three Mice, Four Drawings...

...so far anyway.



These guys originated a while back after a trip to the Delaware Art Museum, and a lot of standing in awe of Pyle and Wyeths' (all three of them) work.  Even though the drawing itself really doesn't resemble any of those artists amazing paintings.

I don't know where these mice are from, but I have a feeling it's probably somewhere close by, and definitely on an old farm.  And I do know that they seem to be good at getting into predicaments.  And that though I've been calling them mice, I think the idea may have started with them being rats.  So feel free to interpret them as either.


Tonal inkwash with charcoal and chalk over top.  There are, so far, three more of these drawings, which will be posted soon, and each clocks in at around 8 to 10 hours of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment