Pages

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Study No. 3 and Blatant Paternal Pride

Hopefully this is more of a hat trick than a third strike...  This little series of portraits has been good fun.  Had a blast drawing from Hubble images, got to create a bunch of space tech on the fly (which I think was a bit more successful when I only had to deal with a bust as opposed to a half figure) and I also got to do some more art of the family, which always seems to net me good results.   I do wish the lighting was more interesting on the face here, obviously flash lit, but the photo was too cute not to work from.

Also, I've included a shot of the latest collaborative piece that my wife and I have been working on.   This would also explain the delay between postings, as this little guy arrived a bit unexpectedly on the 15th.  Looks like I have another drawing to do...

2 comments:

  1. way to make me lol :D
    another convenient model in the making.


    congrats guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude.

    I find that just holding down the shutter release is the best way to get what you want...

    ReplyDelete